5 Simple Marketing Tips for Your Field Service Business
It’s no secret that HVAC, plumbing, and other field service professionals aren’t typically marketing experts.
Being a small business owner, or perhaps a field service manager, you are in definite need of some marketing. You are more than aware of that. But it is hard to know where to start; where do you find the necessary market research, and what is the most effective advertising?
You don’t need to be a marketing guru to promote and sell your service.
Here are 5 marketing tips that are effective in most any field service business:
- Join a real estate association. Most real estate associations offer extremely low-cost affiliate membership dues and have a wide variety of opportunities to network and market your business.
- With your current customer database, think of the ones you like the best. Why do you like them so much; what do they all have in common? Jot down these answers and you have just created your ideal customer to target in advertising.
- Advertise with Facebook and Google AdWords. These two platforms offer some of the most targeted advertising available. You will be able to hone in on a variety of important information such as location, age, gender, profession, and so much more.
- Create a how-to video on a simple service or recommended maintenance that you provide, and monetize it with Google ads. A good example would be how to grout and or properly clean grout. Don’t worry, you won’t be losing any business or giving away any secrets. Most people are only going to search for videos on simple fixes, and will call a professional for the big ones.
- Sponsor a local event or artist. In most instances, you can hang your company banner, pass out company branded swag, and network with potential customers.
So there you have it. No high-salaried marketing manager needed. With some simple networking, branded swag, and thorough target customer knowledge, you are ready to get started in the infinite world of marketing.
If you don’t have the software to track your customer database, contact us today to learn more about how we can improve your business.